Mapillary for Organizations is what you need to use if you want to contribute imagery that's owned by an organization. It's a shared workspace where you and your team can work together with imagery and map data.
To set up and access Mapillary for Organizations, you need to go to the Mapillary web. Image contributions to the organization are also possible with our mobile apps and command line tools too (see more below).
Follow the steps below to get started. If you need more detailed information, please see our full guide to Mapillary for Organizations.
- How to set up an organization
- How to access an organization
- How to manage your organization and team
- How to add imagery to the organization
- How to get imagery and map data in your region of interest
How to set up an organization
How to access an organization
How to manage your organization and team
Different roles in the team have different permissions. Everyone can contribute imagery to the organization. But only admins can manage the organization, while members can just view. Contributors can't access the organization view.
- Click on the dashboard icon at the top right on the organization profile.
- In the Profile section, you can change organization details such as name and display name.
- In the Team section, you can add and remove team members and change their roles.
- The Shapes section lets you access and manage the areas of interest (shapes) you've set up for your organization.
How to add imagery to the organization
- To contribute, log in with your individual account and choose organization imagery as the target.
- In the Mapillary mobile apps, you'll be prompted for this before you start capturing.
- With Desktop Uploader you select the target before adding imagery.
- With command line tools (coming back soon), you use flags in the upload script that specify organization imagery.
- After you upload the imagery, it will show up on the organization profile. Note that the imagery belongs to the organization, not the individual contributors.
How to get imagery and map data in your region of interest (coming back soon)
- Define your area of interest by setting up a shape (in the Shapes tab on the profile or on the dashboard).
- Open the shape by clicking on it. You'll see a summary of the imagery and map data that this shape currently contains.
- Click on "Explore map data" to take a closer look. You can toggle layers of Mapillary or your organization's imagery, and explore automatically extracted traffic signs and object detections.
- You can then:
- Use Mapillary imagery as a reference to derive geospatial data (on the Mapillary platform or in external integrations)
- Use our APIs to integrate imagery into your own tools and integrations
- Download map data to use in GIS and mapping tools