Mapillary for Organizations is what you need to use if you want to contribute imagery that's owned by an organization. It's a shared workspace where you and your team can work together with imagery and map data.
To set up and access Mapillary for Organizations, you need to go to the Mapillary web app. Image contributions to organizations are also possible with our mobile apps and command line tools too (see more below).
Follow the steps below to get started. If you need more detailed information, please see our full guide to Mapillary for Organizations.
- How to set up an organization
- How to access an organization
- How to manage your organization and team
- How to add imagery to the organization
- How to get imagery and map data in your region of interest
How to set up an organization
How to access an organization
How to manage your organization and team
Different roles in the team have different permissions. Everyone can contribute imagery to the organization. But only admins can manage the organization, while members can just view. Contributors can't access the organization view.
- Click on the dashboard icon at the top right on the organization profile.
- In the Profile section, you can change organization details such as name and display name.
- In the Team section, you can add and remove team members and change their roles.
How to add imagery to the organization
- To contribute, log in with your individual account and choose organization imagery as the target.
- In the Mapillary mobile apps, you'll be prompted for this before you start capturing.
- With Desktop Uploader you select the target before adding imagery.
- With command line tools, you use flags in the upload script that specify organization imagery.
- After you upload the imagery, it will show up on the organization profile. Note that the imagery belongs to the organization, not the individual contributors.
How to get imagery and map data in your region of interest
- Click on "Explore map data" to take a closer look. You can toggle layers of Mapillary or your organization's imagery, and explore automatically extracted traffic signs and object detections.
- For smaller downloads, such as map data about a few neighborhoods, use the Mapillary web app; if you ensure that your zoom extent is >= 14, you are able to download the visible extent of the map as a GeoJSON file for your own use. (For more details, see here.)
- For larger downloads, we suggest using the Mapillary API to do things like:
- Integrate imagery into your own tools and integrations
- Download map data to use in GIS and mapping tools
Please sign in to leave a comment.