Data verification projects are available for organizations on Mapillary through the Verification Projects toolset. Verification projects help you improve map data quality by requesting human validation of Mapillary's machine-generated object detections. Publishing a data verification project to the Marketplace lets you find more contributors to the project and get the data validated faster. As a result, incorrect data will be removed from the Mapillary platform, and the feedback will also be used for future improvements of Mapillary's algorithms.
To set up a project, you use Mapillary's Verification Projects feature. Here is how you list a project on the Marketplace.
- Go to your organization on the Mapillary web app (see here for a tutorial about setting up an organization).
- Open your dashboard and click on "Data verification" in the sidebar.
- Click on "Create new project".
- In the first step, pick an internal name for your project (it will be visible only on your admin dashboard) and choose the shape for the area you want to run it in. Also, flip the switch for publishing the project on the Marketplace.
- Next, you'll choose the type of object or objects that you'd like to get verified. This can be either traffic signs or some of the other objects that Mapillary eventually generates map features from. You can choose several object classes for one project (each class will be turned into a separate task).
- Then, you'll be asked to enter some information about the project that will be publicly visible on the Marketplace. Choose a public name and write a short description of your project to motivate potential contributors to join.
- Now you're all set. Hit "Create project" to finish. The project will automatically be listed on the Marketplace and available for anyone to join. Throughout the project, you can go to the admin dashboard to see progress and access updated map data as it becomes available.
You're welcome to also check the help article about Verification Projects for more information about the toolset.