As the saying goes: have you tried turning it off and on again?
Here are some things to check if you're experiencing trouble with the Mapillary iOS app. If none of it helps, please email us at support (see below which information you should provide).
- Try closing the app and reopening it.
- If the issue is about something not loading or trouble in uploading, try waiting and retrying a little later. If possible, try whatever you're doing on a different internet connection.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. This will also make sure you have the latest Mapillary app version.
- Make sure your iOS is updated.
- If using external cameras, make sure the camera firmware is up-to-date. Try to connect the camera to your phone outside of the Mapillary app (e.g. via the camera's native app if one exists). Also, if possible, try to connect the camera to the Mapillary app on another iOS device to see if it works.
If the troubles persist, please report the issue to us at [email protected]. Here is what you should include:
- A detailed description of what you're trying to do, the steps you take, and what the outcome is. Please add screenshots to help clarify.
- If a longer, more complicated workflow, please consider recording a video of your screen. In that case, please recap the issue with a few words anyway in your email so we know what to pay attention to in the video.
- Did any of the "first aid" methods described above have any effect?
- Your device model and operating system (find them in phone settings).
- Your Mapillary app version (find it in the phone settings, under Mapillary).
- If you're using an external camera then provide the camera model as well, please.
- Did you encounter this issue once or does it happen repeatedly / all the time? Do you notice any patterns in when it is happening?
- There are no debugging logs for you to record separately but we have a service set up which should automatically log crashes—no action required from you for this.