As the saying goes: have you tried turning it off and on again?
Here are some things to check if you're experiencing trouble with the Mapillary Android app. If none of it helps, please email us at support (see below which information you should provide and how to send debug logs).
- Try closing the app and reopening it.
- If the issue is about something not loading or trouble in uploading, try waiting and retrying a little later. If possible, try whatever you're doing on a different internet connection.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. This will also make sure you have the latest Mapillary app version. Note: DO NOT do this if you have pending images that you would like to upload. If you have images to be uploaded, please upgrade your Mapillary App without deleting your previous version of Mapillary app. Deleting the Mapillary App will cause data loss.
- Make sure your Android OS is updated.
- Try joining or leaving the beta testers program (Android devices are very different so what works on one phone might cause trouble on another; a different app version might help). You can do this when you search for the Mapillary app on Google Play.
- Try rolling back to an older app version (please send us an issue report, tough; it's not optimal to keep using old versions).
If the troubles persist, please report the issue to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here is what you should include:
- A detailed description of what you're trying to do, the steps you take, and what the outcome is. Please add screenshots to help clarify.
- If a longer, more complicated workflow, please consider recording a video of your screen. In that case, please recap the issue with a few words anyway in your email so we know what to pay attention to in the video.
- Did any of the "first aid" methods described above have any effect?
- Your device model and operating system (find them in system settings).
- Your Mapillary app version (find it at the bottom of the left-side menu in the app).
- Did you encounter this issue once or does it happen repeatedly / all the time? Do you notice any patterns in when it is happening?
- Debugging logs. A regular, low-key log is saved by default and you can send it to us via the "Send debug logs" option in the left-side menu of the app. However, this might not always contain enough data so there is an option for acquiring more detailed logs as well.
Please go to Settings, the Developer section, and check the box with "Save debug logs to file". Then do the same actions as when you got the problem, in order to recreate it, and when done please send us the debug logs through the "Send debug logs" option in the left-hand menu. (Afterwards, uncheck the log saving option again so it wouldn't keep writing up a large file on your phone.)