Mapillary has a number of notifications to help you stay up-to-date about your activities. You can choose to receive these as email, push notifications on your phone (iOS and Android), or both. You can also opt out completely.
To change your notification settings, you need to go to your profile settings on the web or on iOS (currently you can't tweak notification settings on Android). There you can choose between three plans for email and push notifications separately: "None" (no notifications), "Moderate" (only notifications related to your account), and "Default" (all notifications).
Clicking on the "Unsubscribe" option in an email will also take you to the notifications settings page, so that you can instantly regulate your whole notifications experience (as opposed to having to keep clicking on unsubscribe in a number of separate emails).
Types of notifications you can receive
These notifications regard your account security (e.g. email for password reset, or if we would have critical security-related announcements). Note that you cannot opt out of these in any of the plans, but notifications in this category are extremely rare. Therefore, choosing the plan "None" will virtually mean no notifications.
Your Mapillary Activity
- New images—your images have been published on Mapillary
- New edits—your edits have been reviewed or someone else has made edits related to the images you've contributed
- New blurs—your blur requests have been reviewed or someone else has made blur corrections on the images you've contributed
- New comment—someone comments on your contributed image or an image you have made a comment on
- New mention—someone mentions you in a comment (by using @username)
The weekly update contains a report of your last week’s Mapillary activity, tips, and inspiration. The summary of your activities includes numbers of your uploads and edits and your ranking in the country you made most of your contributions in.
Note that for the email option, you will get the digest every week, while for push notifications you will only get it if you contributed images last week.