You can import any geotagged images for hosting, processing, and viewing on mapillary.com. To import images taken outside the Mapillary app, you can use:
- The web uploader—good for lower volumes of images that already have geotags in the EXIF data. If you have more than 10,000 images, you should consider other options.
- Scripts—great for medium to large data volumes or when your images need preprocessing (e.g. removing duplicates or attaching GPS tags to images). Requires some knowledge of using the command line.
- File sharing solution or mailing hard drives—when you want to upload a large amount of data (e.g. street-level imagery of your whole locality). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a solution.
Why share my street-level imagery on Mapillary
- Mapillary can host your imagery for free. All images uploaded to Mapillary will be processed and reconstructed in 3D to create a visual experience where you can observe and explore places.
- All images you upload to Mapillary will be available in our application for you, agencies, and any other stakeholders to explore and use. Mapillary is a collaborative platform, which means that your images will be combined with others' and everyone gets out more than they give. For example, the city of Helsingborg in Sweden decided to share 1 million images professionally captured of the city streets as part of an open data campaign; while VicRoads in Australia has released imagery of their whole road network to make government data more accessible and useful for anyone.
- Your images contain valuable data that our technology can detect and extract for you. Anytime you want, you can upgrade your experience and purchase a license for map object detection (e.g traffic signs, fire hydrants) to edit maps or update your geospatial datasets.