When you're thinking of presenting Mapillary, the first thing to consider is the objective of your event. Are you seeking to get more people involved with Mapillary or is your focus to improve coverage in a particular area? Perhaps you're organizing a related event and just want to introduce Mapillary to your audience. At this stage, you should also consider the type of audience your event will attract. Are they GIS experts, citizen activists or bike enthusiasts? Tailor your event to suit your target group.
Mapillary presentation at a Maptime Copenhagen workshop (photo by Jacob Wang)
If you're running an introductory workshop/lecture, we have a few presentations on offer to get you started. Tailor the presentation packs (below) to include the info your audience will actually understand and find interesting.
- Google slides for Mapillary intro (make a copy in order to edit the presentation)
- PowerPoint for Mapillary+OSM
- Keynote for Mapillary+OSM
Get in touch with us on email@example.com if there is additional information you would like us to add.
We also have flyer templates available that you can print out yourself. Contact us if you’re interested in helping translate to more languages.
- What is Mapillary - English, German, Portuguese (PT/BR), Polish, Italian
- #MapillaryPhotoWalk - English, Italian
It's also nice to demo a few sequences in the viewer to illustrate the point that these are not just static images, but nodes in a network that keeps getting better and better over time. Here are some inspiring sequences:
- Astypalea, Greece
- Clarion Alley, SF, United States
- Yas Marina Circuit, United Arab Emirates
- Långfjället, Sweden
- Venice, Italy
- Time travel in Aizubange, Japan
And some impressive videos: