The Ambassador Program is an exciting way to get more involved with the Mapillary community through participation in different activities, from events to online discussions and everything in between. You can meet our current Ambassadors on our Community page.
Why become an Ambassador?
- "Peek inside the tent" - you will get to find out about new Mapillary features and have your input on how we can make them better.
- Swag - not only will you get all the useful stuff for both yourself and your community, you will also get limited edition Mapillary goodies as recognition for your contributions.
- Exposure - the Ambassador Program is a perfect way to gain exposure, particularly if you are in a related professional field.
- Social - one of the best things about the Mapillary community is the people you get to meet from a diverse range of backgrounds. OpenStreetMap (OSM) enthusiasts, humanitarian workers, outdoor adventurers, and GIS professionals are just some of the interesting individuals that you get to meet as an ambassador.
We're looking for motivated individuals from a variety of backgrounds to get people excited about Mapillary and bring Mapillary to the communities that could find it valuable. For example:
- Humanitarian organisations
- GIS industry
- Hiking and outdoor enthusiasts
- Travelers (people who love to share the exciting destinations they visit)
Of course, if you're engaged with other communities that you think would benefit from street-level images and data, we'd love to hear your ideas. Ambassadors will be given support to engage with communities to facilitate a two-way dialogue between Mapillary and new/existing users. Whenever you host or attend an event related to Mapillary, letting Mapillary and other Ambassadors know about it allows us to share good case practices and support each other.
Events and activities that Ambassadors engage in:
- Meetups (GIS, hiking, cycling, OSM, citizen groups)
- Online and offline discussion groups
- Social media
- Photo walks and mapathons (coordinated events where you choose an area and capture/map it as well as you can)
- Creating resources
- Guiding new community members
What we look for in an Ambassador:
- Experience in contributing to Mapillary
- Activity in the Mapillary community
- Good communication skills
- Motivation to help get more people engaged in photo mapping
- Available for about 10 hours a month for Ambassador-related activities
- Bonus: connections to regions/networks where Mapillary hasn't expanded to yet
Applying to the program
The program is expanded in rounds. We announce an open application round on our communications channels and you will be able to submit your application for consideration.
If you have questions or comments about the program, send us an email. We'd love to hear from you!