You can edit the sequences on the map post-upload, e.g. delete an image, change compass angle, or edit image location. Your edit will first be submitted as a request, and if everything is fine with it, the request will be approved. Note that you can edit sequences contributed by any user as long as you are logged in.
To submit edit requests, select the three dots icon (...) when viewing an image on the Mapillary web, and then ‘Edit current sequence’. You will enter the sequence editor mode where you can do a number of edits to how the images are displayed on the map.
- Location change: drag the dots that signify images around on the map to place them in their correct locations. Note that sometimes several images are stacked on top of each other (if your GPS has for some reason saved the same coordinates for several images).
- Normalize sequence: each image in the sequence will be given a compass angle that faces the next image in the sequence. This is normally what you should have if you've been moving forward with your camera always facing forward.
- Set offset: apply the same offset of compass angle to all the images in the sequence. This is useful when you know your compass is off by a certain degree. Insert the number of degrees that you want for the offset into the small dark gray box, then click on the 'Set offset' button.
- Delete image: marks one image for deletion. Select the image first and then click on the ‘Delete image’ button. If you change your mind you can use the ‘Reinstate image’ button in the same manner.
- Delete sequence: marks the whole sequence for deletion. If you change your mind, you can reinstate the whole sequence with the same button.
- Compass angle: set the compass angle for the currently active image. As a point of reference, 0 refers to north, 90 is east, 180 is south and 270 is west. Choose the direction by inserting the value in degrees into the small dark gray box, then click on 'Set'.
When you're done with your edits, click on 'Review changes as a new changeset'. You'll get a popup that lists your edits—choose 'Submit'. If you want to change something more, click on the cross at the top right corner of the popup. If you change your mind about all edits, you can click on 'Exit without submitting' in the popup, or 'Discard changes' in the editor itself. Either of these will exit the editor without submitting any of your changes.
Submitting the changes will also exit the editor. After that, you won't immediately see your changes on the map because they go through a review process. This can take a while but is faster when it's your own sequence you edited, and when the number of edits is not very big (particularly for deletions). So please allow some time—your edit request is listed even though you can't see any changes yet.