Via the integration built into Mapillary for iOS, you can start and stop capture from your mobile phone. It also makes sure that capture is automatically paused when you stop moving for some reason. Images are transferred to the phone and you can review, delete, and upload them as regular sequences in the app.
- Start with formatting the camera’s memory card (we suggest you do this before each Mapillary session).
- Pair the camera and your phone according to the manufacturer’s instructions. You might need to use a button on the camera (like for Ricoh Theta and Giroptic 360), or the camera’s native app (like for LG360) to enable WiFi on the camera.
- Change to your 360° camera’s WiFi on your phone. If prompted, use the password that is indicated in your camera manual.
- Go to the camera screen in the Mapillary app and tap on the WiFi button to search for and connect to the external camera. (If the phone doesn’t find the camera, make sure you are on your 360° camera’s WiFi and try restarting the Mapillary app.)
- Capture as usual. The app will control the 360° camera to capture every 1-8 seconds (you can change this in Settings).
- Transfer the images from the camera to your phone directly after the capture (you will be prompted for this) or do it from the Uploads view later.
- Review and upload as usual. Note that the images are saved on the memory card in the 360° camera until you delete them yourself.