With Mapillary you capture sequences of geotagged street-level images anywhere you want.
Try to get clean, unobstructed views of:
- Streets, bike paths, pedestrian paths (in the direction of the road/path)
- Buildings (front facade view)
- Views (anything noteworthy or interesting about a place)
- Squares, parks and open areas
Most times, taking images in the direction you are moving, of the road in front of you, is the best view. In some cases, a side view can be more interesting. You decide. There is no limit on the level of detail, you can take as many images as you like.
We want to protect the privacy and integrity of our fellow neighbors. Avoid taking images with lots of people in them. Definitely, avoid images where you can clearly identify people.
We are continuously improving our algorithms to automatically detect faces and license plates to blur them, and to give you the possibility to delete and flag images. Mapillary reserves the right to remove any questionable content.
- Close-ups of people
- Close-ups of private property through fences etc.
- Private and restricted areas (unless they are your own and you really want to share them)
- Military and other sensitive areas
- Sensitive situations (e.g. an accident scene)