To use the Mapillary app on your iOS device, you need to have iOS 11.0 or later and your device needs to be at least iPhone 5s.
Follow the steps below to get started. A full guide to Mapillary for iOS is available here.
Accessing the app
- Download the app from the App Store .
- Create an account on Mapillary (more details here).
- Log in to your account.
- Tap on the Capture icon at the bottom of the app screen to access the camera.
- Position your camera so that it has an unobstructed view, facing forward and level with the horizon.
- Tap on the start button.
- Start moving and the app will start automatically capturing images.
- Tap on the stop button to stop capturing images in this sequence.
- Capture as many sequences as you want (read our best capture tips).
- Tap on "Exit camera" on the Capture screen, or tap on the Upload icon at the bottom of the app main screen to reach the Upload screen.
- Review your images and discard any bad ones (e.g. blurry, pointing towards the ground, etc.).
- If you want to keep a copy of your images, do this before you upload (see the tutorial here and remember to tap the "Add EXIF data" button before exporting).
- When reaching wifi connection, tap on the arrow in the Upload screen to initiate upload (by default, the app will never upload on mobile network).
- Your images will be uploaded and deleted from the device.
- The images will be processed on the Mapillary system: combined together with other images from the area, faces and license plates blurred (read about our technology).
- You can reach the upload via the Profile tab or your feed in the Home tab.
- Click on the item to open it in the Explore tab and navigate around.
- Share your captures via the share button on the image.
- Use the images to show places and extract map data (more details here).